Monday, July 14, 2008

24th Set, July 2008

The "Juice To Get Loose To" record is more or less done. It'll be out in August, you can watch the first video for it here!

I've been spending some time in Seattle and the Seattle area lately so that's been kind of weird and offered me some different perspectives at life etc. I appreciate Los Angeles even more as home now though after having been flying back and forth to and from there. I'm working on some top secret stuff up there that everyone will sooner or later be privy to.

In the meantime, enjoy some photos and recommend me some good books to read on the plane. I like going in planes now frequently because it's an excuse for me to read more and elevate my mind. I just finished reading Kafka's "Trial" and I'm going to read Animal Farm and some other classics that I never got a chance to read because I went to high school in Russia where they beat us every day and didn't let us read. I'm joking about both.

A lofi book might still be a possibility, if the demand is high enough for it.




















9 comments:

amij said...

nice, as usual.

i just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. it is a fucking amazing book.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. so extremely multi-talented, you are, ii. i personally would love a lofi book...

Anonymous said...

DUDE. You takeee ammmmazing photographs....I really like the wine one. Sort of reminds me of my life right now...Ay shits whack.
Peace betch

littlebirdygirl said...

i am glad you keep up this talent/interest among the other things that go on in that crazy life of yours.

Witalij said...

Hi,

I do not know how I could contact you. I've been looking for your's email address but unfortunately I found only your blog (I have not myspace profile, I know that you got myspace profile).

Is any chance to get 'Iconoclast' now? I've looked for this LP in many online stores, on ebay, on http://nothresholdrecords.com/ but everywhere is only one information - 'sorry, sold out'. I live in Poland and in this country is difficult to buy dope undeground hip hop. I really want to buy this CD (this album was released on 2LP, wasn't?). I've heard about You recently and when 'Iconoclast' was released I did not know about this album.

I was really suprised when I discovered that you are Russian. You know, I was born in Mocsow, my mother is Russian, I'd lived in U.S.S.R. and in Kazakhstan and it is extra reason why I want to get this album. I would be happy if you response to my email, witalijostr@gmail.com .

I look forward to hearing from you.

PS. Nice photos, I like them all.

witalij

Anonymous said...

-"composition"-uh yes- wowzers
-the hanger shot makes me feel so sad and alone- but your title definitely made me laugh-
which is usually the effect your art has on me -one of depth and balance.


please lofi book.
yes please.


the world lines up for ii's eyes

Dessa Despina said...

so, here's the deal. a lofi book is a must and so is visiting seattle- i just got back from there and it will keep you busy...go to the purple cafe for some good food and wine. also, my book recommendation= The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving Kindness... prepare yourself for some Buddhist thinking. Thanks ives for the pics and music. blessings-L

Anonymous said...

i love the one of the wine

Anita Baker said...

loved the pics as usual, when are you going to get a set down for august?

i find it funny that as soon as i move out of seattle...you start going there! is there something you are not telling me?!?!?

;) hugs!

oh oh oh ps! i finally bought an iPod so I can download your songs on iTunes!